We would encourage everyone to take this short survey about “The impact of illness and attitudes towards genetic testing for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in the Ashkenazi Jewish population”. Both individuals with IBD and their unaffected family members are encouraged to participate.
The survey looks to assess the following:
- How living with IBD impacts a patient and their family members.
- How individuals receive their information about IBD and whether they are satisfied with the quality of education about IBD they receive.
- Attitudes towards genetic testing for IBD genes associated with developing IBD, treatment outcomes and testing of unaffected family members.
- Feeling uncomfortable answering questions about yourself or your family members…
- Help researchers and clinicians working with IBD patients to understand the impact of living with or having a family member with IBD, as well as guiding what information may help those diagnosed with IBD. Additionally, helping to determine the communities desire for genetic testing in the future.
A Freilichen Chanukkah!