- Identify your New York State Senator here: http://www.nysenate.gov/find-
- Contact your State Senator by phone and email (email template below) to ask for their support of this bill (S3295) and explain why it is personally important to you. Ask your Senator to push Senator John Flanagan, Temporary President and Majority Leader of the Senate, to put it on the active list and bring it to a vote this session. The legislative session ends on June 21, so please do this as soon as possible.
- Ask your friends and family in NY State to do the same! It really is that easy. With enough of our voices being heard, we are confident we will get the Crohn’s and Colitis Fairness Act passed in New York this year, and you will have been a part of the process!
- Show your Senator that you support the bill: https://www.nysenate.gov/
- If you are able to visit your State Senator in person, the materials here are helpful to leave behind.
Sunday, June 4, 2017
Advocacy Action Alert for tomorrow, June 5 | Crohn's & Colitis Fairness Act
We need your help! New York State is One Step Closer to Passing the Crohn’s and Colitis Fairness Act
Good news! New York State is one step closer to passing the Crohn’s and Colitis Fairness Act (Bill S3295), and we need YOU to take action today to ensure its passage by the New York State Senate. The bill would allow people with medical conditions that require urgent restroom use - such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis - to use an employee-only restroom when a public one is not available and it is safe for the business to do so.
The bill has passed the Senate Health Committee and now sits on the Senate Calendar awaiting action. We need YOUR help to get the bill on the “active list” for a reading and vote on the Senate floor.
In order to make a strong case for this bill, JCCSG and the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation will be in Albany TOMORROW to personally advocate Senators.
For more information, and to track the progress of the bill, click here.
I am a voter/constituent in your district and I am asking for your support of Bill S3295, which enacts the "Crohn's and Colitis Fairness Act" providing restroom access. Please contact Senator Flanagan to have him put this bill (S3295) on the active list and vote for it when it comes before you.
S3295 would allow people with medical conditions that require urgent restroom use- such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis- to use an employee's only restroom when a public one is not available and it is safe for the business to do so. In NY State there are more than 100,000 people with these debilitating diseases. I am sure you can imagine how it must feel to be denied access to a bathroom when you so desperately need one because of a severe and chronic medical condition. S3295 is important to me because... (I have IBD or am related to or friends with - whatever personal connection you wish to share).
You can also email your Senator using the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation action alert system.